The Almeida Theatre reserves the right to:
- make any alterations to the advertised programme or casting rendered necessary by unavoidable causes.
- request any ticket holder to leave the Theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- refuse admission or eject from the venue any person that it believes is likely to cause a nuisance, disturbance or threat to other audience members, the venue or its employees.
Tickets & Booking
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket for the date and time that they are attending and be able to produce on demand relevant I.D. to support a concessionary or discounted rate.
- It is the booker’s responsibility to ensure that all tickets issued to them are accurate.
- It is the booker’s responsibility to ensure that all personal information provided when making a booking is correct.
- The Almeida Theatre takes no responsibility for tickets lost in the post.
- The Almeida Theatre may agree to sell unused tickets previously purchased directly from the theatre, on behalf of the patron, at an agreed price - if the production has reached capacity.
- Monies from successfully re-sold tickets must be collected in person from the box office. The Almeida Theatre cannot guarantee the re-sale of returned tickets. It is the patrons responsibility to check with the Box Office if their ticket has been resold.
- No tickets may be re-sold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than the Almeida Theatre Box Office or one of its authorised ticket agents (unauthorised outlets include websites such as auction sites). Failure to comply will make this ticket void.
- Whilst the Almeida Theatre takes responsibility for tickets purchased directly through the Almeida Box Office, the Almeida Theatre website and authorised ticket agencies, we will not be responsible for tickets that have been sold through unauthorised methods.
- Patrons with tickets purchased through an unauthorised vendor will not in any circumstances, receive an exchange or refund from the Almeida Theatre.
- The Theatre reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of tickets that may be ordered through the Box Office or online.
- The Almeida Theatre conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998.
Exchanges, Cancellations & Refunds
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled. In the event of a suspended performance, patrons will first be offered the opportunity to exchange tickets for another performance; a refund will be issued for a suspended performance if there are no alternative tickets or if the patron is not able to attend an alternative performance.
- In the event that patrons are unable to attend a performance a refund will not be made available. However the Almeida Theatre will exchange tickets for another performance of the same production at the cost of £1 per ticket and subject to availability. Original tickets must be returned to the Almeida Theatre box office at least 2 days prior to the original performance date. The Almeida Theatre takes no responsibility for tickets lost in the post. Monies from successfully re-sold tickets must be collected in person from the box office. The Almeida Theatre cannot guarantee the re-sale of returned tickets.
- The Almeida Theatre does not have understudies and so it may be necessary to cancel a performance at short notice due to cast illness. For this reason please ensure the Box Office has your correct contact details.
- If refunded monies are credited to a patron’s account they must be used within 2 calendar years (24 months). Any monies not used within this time will be assumed as a donation to the Theatre and will be removed from the patron’s account and put towards the Almeida’s fundraising target.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to admit them to the auditorium. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption latecomers may be refused admission. There is a monitor in the foyer where latecomers can view the performance. No refund or exchange will be offered.
- Audience Members who leave the auditorium once the performance has started may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to re-admit them. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption re-admittance may be refused. There is a monitor in the foyer where the performance can be viewed. No refund or exchange will be offered.
- Mobile phones, pagers and watches alarms should be switched off before entering the auditorium. The use of mobile phones and pagers, even when silenced, can be distracting to other audience members and the performers on stage.
- When making a booking the booker accepts our terms and conditions on behalf of all members of their party.
- Children under the age of four, including babes in arms, will not be admitted to the auditorium - exceptions to this rule can only be made if the Almeida advertises the production as a family show suitable for young children of that age.
- Filming, photography or audio in the foyer or during a performance are strictly prohibited unless written permission has been granted by the Marketing Department at the Almeida Theatre. The Almeida Theatre reserves the right to delete or destroy and such recorded material made without permission.
- The Almeida Theatre may carry out general filming, sound recording or photography in or around the venue. By purchasing tickets or visiting the bar you and your party are consenting to being filmed, recorded or photographed
- The Almeida Theatre does not have a cloakroom or storage facilities for bicycles or luggage.
Health & Safety
- Abusive, anti-social or threatening behaviour of any kind towards another member of the audience or staff will result in immediate removal from the premises and may end in legal action.
- The Theatre reserves the right to conduct bag searches for security purposes
- Glasses, bottles, cameras and recording equipment are not allowed in the auditorium, drinks may be carried in plastic cups provided.
- Hot food is not permitted in the auditorium. Please remember any food/sweets in noisy wrappers may disturb the performers and other members of the audience
- Strobe lighting, gunshots and smoke effects are sometimes used in productions; details are available from the Box Office after the first performance